Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sam's POV

This week I'm in Sam's head. He's meeting Brennen for the first time and since he doesn't get much of a say in Brennen's story, and he's such a nice guy, I thought I'd let you see for yourself what Sam's really like. 

Sam’s POV


Mrs. Cohen, English Lit. this must be it. As soon as I round the corner I see her. Nothing but green eyes and ribbons of long blond hair cascading around her, well past her waist. My heart bottoms out inside. A sappy smile spreads across my face and I must look like a total freaking looser right now. Way to make a first impression dumb-ass.

The seat next to her is empty so I take it. Maybe I can do this the right way.

“Hello, I’m Ari. Are you new here?” The girl in front of her asks me, interrupting my thoughts. This chick looks she’s ready for the street corner. Blood red lips match her tight as hell skirt. God, I hope my sisters don’t end up looking like this when they hit their teens. I don’t even want to acknowledge her question but Daddy raised me to always mind my manners and I feel obliged to be polite to her on my first day here.

“Sam, and yes I am.” Now I sit back and relax wondering what my first words to her should be.

“Texas?” my dream girl asks making me about choke on my own tongue. She talked to me first, maybe there’s hope. God, she’s everything I could have ever imagine wanting in a girl. Her long tan legs shift under her and draw my eye there. Don’t stare at her!

“Fort Worth – is it that obvious?” I ask knowing full well it is. Here I stick out like a hillbilly on Wall Street. She nods and giggles allowing the most adorable sound to come out of her mouth, and just like that I’m hooked, and I don’t even know her name.

“My apologies– it seems you have me at a disadvantage.” I like her boots with her flowery little sundress, maybe she rides. I could tell her about our new stable.

“Oh, sorry Brennen Hale.” Her cheeks fill with color as she says it. Her raspberry lips draw my eye as she says her name. Pawpaw’s notions of romancing the ladies plays in my head. “Compliment them often and truthfully.”

“That’s a pretty name.” Ugh, I’m an idiot and I sound like one too.

“Thank you.” She says as her eyes go back to the white board and she picks up her pen to take notes. Damn, I can’t even keep her attention. No, that can’t be it. Maybe she has a boyfriend. A girl like Brennen must have a boyfriend.


But the gothic looking one looks like she’s about to pounce on me. She eyes me like I could be her next meal and I spend the next few minutes answering her questions politely when all I want to do is get to know more about Brennen. No one has ever had this effect on me before much less in minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment