Saturday, July 6, 2013

Another Teaser For My Soul to Save.

"Look, Elijah never doubted that your love wasn't real for a minute Brennen. But if he does come to find you..."
"I know, stay away from him. He could be dangerous." As if the universe had impeccable timing, Sam's face appears on my phone. I let the call go to voice mail as I run to the bathroom to throw up. I'm so glad we have en-suite bathrooms.
"Hey, you alright in there?" I hear Lexi call out. "Guess that's why you missed half your classes today." Oh that's just great. They kidnap me, haul me off to another planet to have mind altering memory implants and they don't even bother to get me back in time for school.
I emerge from the bathroom, and plop down on the sofa throwing the pillow over my face, noticing that both Elena and Inara are gone.
"Is Jesson the father?"
"What? Are you insane?" I snap back.
"I made you some tea. Caffeine isn't as bad as they thought for the fetus you know."
"Lexi stop, I'm not pregnant."


"Of course not, you'd have to actually have sex for that to happen." She giggles out, perching her lean torso over her tan legs. I crack a smile. I swear my mother placed the perfect roommate in my dorm just for this very occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment