Saturday, July 20, 2013


In this Saturday's sample, Jesson is still trying to convince Brennen not to write Elijah off just yet. 
"I can't like a human in any sort of romantic premise. We're not made that way."
"What about Elijah?"
"Perhaps his soul bonded with yours because you're not wholly human."
"What do you mean his soul bonded?" The tea kettle screams and I jump, snatching it from the burner to silence it.
"You mean you can't feel it?"
"Feel what? I'm new to your world, remember." 
***                                 ***
"Earlier our conversation got cut off. I just want to tell you that Elijah told me that when you weren't near him, he felt like part of him was missing. You see, there is this myth that souls are made in pairs. Sometimes the two find their way back to each other. This is rare because though they are made in pairs, they don't go into the world that way. Some are born hundreds of years apart, some on the other side of the world. This is where angel's coined the term soul mate. Human's throw the word around so much these days that it's lost its meaning. But I think Elijah is your soul's mate."
I glare at Jesson who still bears a sappy grin on his face. "Myth, isn't that what you called it." He sighs with a heavy chest and watches as I head up the stairs.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment