Friday, October 25, 2013

My Soul Laid Bare Teaser

Sorry for the lack of blog post lately, we moved and it was all consuming.  So thank you for your patience. I'm glad to be semi setteled in among the cardboard boxes. Here is an extra special tid bit. My Soul Laid Bare spans Brennen's college years and early adult life. In this scene Brennen is a newly appointed Governor and has Elena over for dinner. 

"You're going to make me drink alone?"

"Yeah well, if you'd been waking up like I have you would think twice about it."


"Oh, what's been going on?" 


Just as she asks her question, the chef brings out dinner, a plate of grilled salmon, asparagus spears and spicy quinoa. It all looks mouthwatering. Once he's taken care of us, I lean in to her. 


"I doubt you want to hear about my passion filled dreams, but each night I drink a few glasses of wine, I wake up not remembering even going to sleep. It's probably because I'm not used to drinking, but I don't like feeling as if I'm going crazy."


"Wait, go back to the passion filled dreams. Who's the naughty night terror star?"


I take a bite of my salmon and savor the char from the grill combined with the bold flavors he used. Elena waits with her glass paused at her lip, gently smirking as if she already knows the answer. 


"Elijah of course."


She smiles before taking a long sip of white wine. "You two can't even stay away in your subconscious, how much longer are you going to keep this up?"


"I miss him." I say sinking down in my chair feeling a new wave of despair just because I mentioned his name a moment ago. 


"He's your soul mate, frankly I don't see how you're still functioning without his touch daily."


"I'm sure he touches me daily, I just can't feel it."


"He's touching you right now."


 The sultry look in her eye makes me wonder exactly where he's touching me. It sets every nerve on fire just thinking about it. I imagine his warm hands running down the length of my arms. "You are blushing like a nun at the cucumber farm."


"Stop it, now I need that glass of wine thank you very much." She laughs at my misfortune and pours me a glass. 

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the new release!! My only comment is in the previous books there were a lot of small mistakes, like "hear" instead of "here" and some words where they don't belong. I'm reading on Kindle so it could just be a Kindle edition error, but thought I'd let you know. Anyway happy writing, I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Suzzee.
    Thanks for reading. I apologize you found mistakes. I wish I was able to afford an editor. I had the first book edited professionally but it came at such a great expense I found it hard to justify.
    With the next book I am inlisting the help of a few friends to be my beta readers and help me find those pesky mistakes.
    Hope you enjoy the last book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series so much I flew through all three books in two days! I really want the next book this teaser is just killing me! I want to know what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love your writting I started reading the first because it was free on kindle and then I was adddicted now I'm absolutely going insane. And no worries with not having an editor I'm sure we all don't really mind... thank you for some great reading looking forward to more. Ps i will gladly read your books early for editing ;)

    ReplyDelete