Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Soul to Save is publishing NOW! It should be up by tonight, in case you can't wait that long, here is a little Elijah for ya to hold you over. 

“I enjoyed your song in the car. Maybe you should go down the chocolate chip aisle and we could bake something together this weekend.” He says it provocatively low in my ear and Elena smacks him on the arm. “What?” he says and I catch him flashing his gorgeous smile at Elena. A twinge of jealousy plays on my lips.

“You’re here to save Sam, nothing else. I’m sure I don’t need to explain the gravity of the situation to you. And if Sam’s life is in danger, you can bet your pretty little head that your precious girlfriend’s is too. So quit playing around and be alert.”

I sigh out, and to Sam, it’s for no reason. He rubs my shoulder, probably unsure of how to help. I long for the days when I didn’t know they existed or at least couldn’t hear them.

“Way to go Elena, now you’ve freaked her out.” Jesson scolds.

“Hey Sam would you mind grabbing some eggnog? I forgot to pick it up when we passed the milk.”

“You bet.”

As soon as he’s out of sight and the aisle is empty, I turn around. Do you have any idea what it does to my human mind to have four Keepers following me around a grocery store bickering in my ear? Going a little nuts here people!” I push a gush of air through my nose. “And you.” I stab Elijah’s chest with my finger. “You…” Damn it, he’s done it again I can’t even finish my sentence. What was I going to say? His soft full lips have captured all of my attention. “Stop doing that!”


He tries not to smile, but only winds up making himself look even sexier. I give up. I throw a bag of chocolate chips in the cart because, why they heck not? Even though he’s behind me, I can feel him smiling and I shake my head at his audacity.   

No comments:

Post a Comment